At Future Energy, we always want to do our best for you. Despite our best efforts we appreciate there may be times when things go wrong. If you’re unhappy about any of our services, we want to hear from you so that we can put things right, and to learn and improve for the future.
How do I make a complaint?
To make a complaint, please telephone us on: 0800 158 5451
Or write to us at the following address:
Future Energy Customer Relations
2nd Floor, 2 Esh Plaza
Sir Bobby Robson Way
Great Park, Newcastle, NE13 9BA
Or send an email to: [email protected]
What happens next?
- We’ll always try to resolve your complaint as soon as we receive it. If we can’t, we’ll acknowledge your complaint within 48 hours.
- We’ll work hard to resolve the problem as quickly and efficiently as possible. If the matter is more complicated, this may take more time, but will keep you informed throughout.
- Our aim is to take no longer than 8 weeks to deal with even very complex complaints, so at the end of 8 weeks we will either let you have our final response with our decision, or explain to you why we are still unable to resolve the matter. We’ll also give you details on the Energy Ombudsman.
If you want more advice
It’s easy to get free, independent advice so that you “Know your rights” as an energy consumer. You might want to get a better deal, find out how to make a complaint, get advice about the quality of your electricity or gas supply, or ask for help if you’re struggling to pay your bills. To “Know your rights” visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk/energy for up to date information or contact the Citizens Advice consumer service on 03454 04 05 06.
What if I’m still unhappy?
- If you are unhappy with our final response or our investigation has taken more than 8 weeks to resolve, you may be able to refer your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman.
- This is a free, independent service.
- If you wish to refer your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman, you must do this within six months of the date of our final response.
- The contact details are: Energy Ombudsman, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
Tel: 0800 023 4567 or, from a mobile 0300 123 9123
Email: [email protected]
- Consumers do not have to accept the decision made by the Energy Ombudsman and retain their rights to go to court. However, if the decision of the Energy Ombudsman is accepted then it is binding on both you and us.
- You can find further details about the Energy Ombudsman in the leaflet that we will send you with our final response or our 8 week-update or on their website: Energy Ombudsman Website
How have we performed?